Biarri EMI CEO and Algorithmic Leader Dan Sutherland is excited to be speaking at the Global Mining Guidelines Group (GMG) Forum next Thursday 23rd May 2019 at 2.30pm in Tucson, Arizona. Dan’s presentation will look at what Mathematical Mining is, and why it is important on your journey to automation, with predictions about what the future holds.
The forum creates an opportunity to discuss key issues for the global mining community, including autonomous mining, interoperability, the “connected” mine, and artificial intelligence (AI), and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), within the context of the American mining industry and discover opportunities to grow and innovate.
Dan uses the power of mathematics to deconstruct and predict patterns and changes in business process and activity focusing on improving operational efficiencies of machinery, schedules, people rostering and equipment maintenance. As CEO, Dan has consulted and overseen successful projects in the resources sector using mathematics as the driving force to optimise:
- Short interval control and shift planning for Newcrest Mining
- People and activity scheduling at large scale high capital assets for Origin Energy, Shell, and Santos
- Cross-industry people rostering to proactively manage the movement and rosters of people for Harmony Gold, Origin Energy, and BMA
- Asset auto design for intensive capital projects including the design of Coal Seam Gas (CSG) and Conventional Gathering Networks
- Further strategic and operational analytics projects for international companies, such as BP, Shell, Santos, Newcrest, Harmony Gold and more.
Dan graduated from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) First Class Honours, University Medal and as Class Valedictorian. He incorporates his background in Computational Neuroscience, a field of study in which mathematical tools and theories are used to investigate brain function, to help solve complex problems in the business world. His experience fuels his passion for creating swift and innovative solutions for the energy, mining and infrastructure industries.